Thursday, January 1, 2015

Random Thinking

Random Thinking


Happy New Year!!! I hope everyone's New Year is prosperous and filled with joy! 

Now, I wasn't planning on writing a blog post today, I have a ton of other things I SHOULD be doing. But, here I am! :)

Today's post is just about reading, writing, marketing, working, blogging and family! I would like to know how other authors do it! Especially if you have a regular job, going to school and a family to raise. Myself? I read alot! Mostly 2-3 books/week. And I also have a 4 year old who takes up most of my lovely day, everyday. On top of that, I go to school part time. Now by this time, 9pmET, I am usually blogging and writing my next novel. My day is pretty much a tight schedule and to make it even more compact, I just launched my online book reviewing business: www.ervinbookreviews.com, offering FREE book reviews and other author services. It took a long time working out the kinks, getting it registered properly and all. But now that I am finished, I'm proud of it! I love to read and what better job can offer me that, right? Well, now that my schedule is super busy, I feel that I started the New Year off with a BANG!
Not to mention my new novel releasing on January 14th! I am super excited. Any others ever feel like they took an energy pill and they just can't get to sleep, a week before your book goes worldwide?! Well, that's how I feel! Super AMPED...if you can't tell by my exclamation points!!! Haha, well today, I spoke with quite a few authors who are AWESOME, and recieved a ton of advice, which I am grateful for. Those authors sharing their knowledge and helping other authors along the way, makes it that much easier to get the right things done. So you know who you are and a HUGE thanks to you.  
Now, about the marketing....
Uh, I slowed down with the whole marketing for a week or two and have run into book publicists, publicity firms and media. I've talked to B&N, and other bookstores about hosting my book launch party. But it seems like they do not like self-published authors too much. Not to mention, it costs an arm, a leg and all the hair off your head to advertise with them! So my fellow authors, please share how you advertise without social media, that is fairly inexpensive. Any and all advice is welcome. 
Now, back to reading & writing!
Have a wonderful morning/afternoon/night!

You're gracious blog host,
E.L Ervin

No comments:

Post a Comment