Wednesday, November 19, 2014

The Beginning of My Journey to becoming Self-Published

     One day in my very strict childhood, I decided to escape into a new world; a world that had fewer rules, a lot more junk food and magical powers. So what did I do? I read books, any and all books I could get my hands on. As a 6-year old,  I found many of the books to my liking, but, none that ever really ended the way I wanted. So from then, I would take those same books and rewrite the endings, making them into what i wanted to read. 
     At 8 years old, I began writing short stories that eventually ended up resembling novels AND I LOVED IT! At that moment in my childhood, I just knew that I wanted to be an author and write my own novels. I wrote and read, read and wrote until my mother had to ALMOST drag me out of my room to eat, literally. I was so engrossed in what I wanted to establish, even as a kid and that feeling has never left.
     I love to read, as much as, I enjoy writing. And I love both of those things as much as I love breathing. Call me a bookworm or book-nerd all you like, but truth is, that is a compliment to me :) 
     So now, many years down the road...after high school, 7 1/2 years of serving in the military and college, I decided to continue doing what I love: WRITING!!! 
I've finished my first novel: MICHAEL HANSON AND THE DESOLATE WOODS, Book #1 of the Powers of Ezron Series. The date of release is December 17th, 2014. 

     I am super excited about this chapter in my life and looking forward to sharing the steps I've taken in order to become a self-published author.
So please stay tuned and follow me on this weird & wacky, but, self-fulfilled journey!!! 

***I am very knew to blogging so hang in there with me! 


Much appreciation, 
~E.L. Ervin

www.twitter.com/elervin1087
www.facebook.com/elervin1087
www.elervin.com  

4 comments:

  1. Inspiring post! It's so important to do what you love. Also, your cover is really great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your feedback. And I agree, doing what you love is very important.

      Delete
  2. Love you blog! Your book cover is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete